By combining the capabilities in today’s OBC (On Board Computers) and the Internet, BOLT expands GPS tracking significantly above simply tracking and communicating with a truck. You can easily AUTOMATE your operation in numerous ways – “hands-free” dispatch, automated driver payroll, notification of key events, etc.
BOLT’s Internet-based Flexible Fleet Management system has been tightly integrated with several onboard computer options that will provide you near-limitless power and versatility. Whether you are a private fleet or a for hire carrier, we believe the primary focus of tracking should be your cargo.
For private fleets, tracking your cargo provides critical information to your supply chain in a timely manner:
- Manufacturing & assembly plants can receive automatic notification of delays in delivery of raw materials or WIP (Work in Process) for their operations.
- Your corporate office can have real time accuracy about the status of the entire inventory from raw material to finished goods.
- Receiving retail locations can know exactly when they will be receiving their deliveries and what products will be in the shipment.
For hire carriers can provide real time information to their customers regarding the status of any shipment.
- Whether or not loads have been scheduled
- Exact location of in-transit deliveries
- Time, location and signature for proof of delivery.
In most cases those carriers who are able to provide this information online are also able to demand higher rates for their services. In addition, the time delays for billing and collection can be reduced significantly.
Current OBC technology provides exception-based communications and automated arrival and departure notification. Combined with BOLT, you can manage pro-actively – i.e., customers can be notified of delivery schedule changes or routes might be changed to minimize any potential problems.
BOLT and our partner vendors have worked together to provide you with complete, accurate and timely information regarding all events related to the truck. For example,
- Automatic dispatching of loads generated from your corporate/external computer or entered by your dispatcher provides the driver with all stop information including address, times and even directions.
- Mileage and drivers’ time (hourly drivers) can be automatically retrieved and used for payroll.
- Event pay such as hook/unhook, unload, detention, etc. can be automatically retrieved. Out or route miles and even “slow” miles can be easily detected and reported.
With the accuracy of an OBC and the database of BOLT, trailers can be tracked without the extra expense of a trailer-tracking system. Accuracy is limited to trailers being attached to a tractor and loads being dispatched by BOLT. If you have trailer movement that is not attached to a load, we would recommend a separate trailer-tracking system.
Additional features such as engine performance data and electronic Driver Logs are retrieved by BOLT and stored for analysis. The OBC can monitor a vehicle’s performance by communicating with the engine’s data bus and is compatible with all heavy-duty truck engines. You will be immediately notified of such Alarm events and features as:
- Excessive speed situations
- Sudden stops or starts
- Required scheduled maintenance
- Hours of Service violations
- Available hours