Your Central Information Hub
Big Data is just as it sounds – the collection and management of a TON of information. Effectively managing your data can dramatically improve the efficiency and profitability of your fleet. BOLT captures and stores ALL of your data in one place. Everything from:
- GPS breadcrumbs from your On-Board Computers.
- Load-specific data.
- Uploaded images such as proof-of-delivery or photographs of damages.
- Uploaded documents such as invoices and driver settlements.
- Data from any other integrated system.
If you need it later, BOLT will store it now.
"People wonder what we will do with all of this data – especially in the transportation arena where many organizations are still getting aware of integrated technologies and the gathering of data electronically"
Using Data to Plan and Strategize
BOLT provides the reports and analytics you need to make sense of everything. The system includes over 50 standard reports that help you manage your Big Data and provide insights to make informed decisions about your operation. It's enough to make your head spin. Before you get overwhelmed, ask a few simple questions:
- What do you want to know?
- When and how often do you need updates?
- What format do you prefer to work from?
- What are you going to do with the data once you have it?
"The amount of data I can pull from BOLT is just tremendous... It’s been a transformation. You don’t have to be a large fleet to reap the benefits of BOLT. They took the time to work with us and understand our business."
Knowledge Is Power
Once you have all that big data, you can use it to make big decisions. Imagine how your business would perform if you could...
- Calculate true Profit and Loss per fleet or individual truck, taking into account every variable.
- Calculate true Profit Loss per lane or individual load.
- Analyze metrics such as on-time percentage, loaded vs. empty miles, out of route miles, and more.
... and that only scratches the surface – the sky is the limit when you use data to your advantage. You will understand who are your true best performers, and why. You will discover your most profitable business activities. You will realize how various industry cycles and trends impact you, and you will be even more capable of planning for the future.
"You can better measure your tractor/trailer ratio and predict potential issues that cause delays and lost revenue. A large percentage of freight shipments are seasonal – thus creating capacity and profit issues"